Here you will find an overview of all cookies used. You can give your approval to entire categories or have more information displayed and only select certain cookies.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We therefore process your data exclusively on the basis of the statutory provisions. This data protection information informs you about the most important aspects of data processing within the framework of our Web site.
Information on the data controller
The data controller for data processing on this Web site is:
base – homes for students GmbH
Phone: +43 1 369 54 90
Data Protection Officer: Mag. Ing. Markus Oman, CSE (O.P.P.).
Purpose of processing and legal bases
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2000 and the Data Protection Amendment Act 2018 all serve the right to the protection of personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal bases:
As part of your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a GDPR):
If you have given us permission to process your personal data, it will only be processed for the purposes and to the extent agreed in the declaration of consent. You can revoke your consent at any time with future effect.
To fulfill contractual obligations (Art. 6 para 1 lit b GDPR):
The processing of your data is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract of use concluded with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures (processing and handling of the home room application, correspondence via the contact form).
To fulfill legal obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR):
We are subject to the Austrian Student Housing Act (StudHG), which may make it necessary to process personal data.
To safeguard legitimate interests (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR):
We process your data in our legitimate interest for the following purposes (unless your interests as a data subject conflict with this):
- Administration of customer data
- Marketing in connection with own services
- Processing of personal data in connection with the participation in competitions, Vorteilswelt-offers, info mails, newsletters etc.
- Student home surveys
- Customer satisfaction analyses
Contract data processing shall be deemed to exist where a processor is commissioned to process personal data without being assigned responsibility for the associated business process. In these cases, we conclude an agreement for contract data processing with the external processor. In doing so, base – homes for students GmbH retains the full responsibility for the correct implementation of data processing in accordance with data protection laws. The contract data processor may process personal data only to the extent specified by the controller.
We only work with contract processors (such as printers or agencies) who offer sufficient guarantees that suitable technical and organisational measures in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR are taken during processing and who ensure the protection of personal data. The processing by a processor only takes place on the basis of a contract with base – homes for students GmbH which precisely defines the duration, type, and purpose of the processing. All contract processors who process personal data regularly check and control whether the data protection regulations are observed.
Data types and purpose of the processing
Personal data of our residents (name, address, telephone number, email address, age and gender etc.) as well as financial data (bank details and account number etc.) are collected and processed by us for the purpose of resident administration.
The use of personal data for sending direct emails and newsletters for marketing purposes, information and event invitations is for this purpose only and can be revoked at any time.
Recipients of the personal data
Data will only be forwarded to third parties (e.g. banks, legal representatives in business cases, chartered accountants, courts of law when required, administrative authorities when required, participating contractual and business partners, providers [IT service providers], insurance companies when required) if the legal requirements for such forwarding are met.
Duration of data storage
We store personal data only for as long as it is needed for the purpose of processing and for as long as we are required to do so by law. Subsequently, they will be irrevocably deleted.
Due to legal provisions (storage obligations) of the Austrian Enterprise Code (§212 UGB) and the Federal Fiscal Code (§132 BAO) for invoice and financial data, the relevant personal data must be stored for 7 years.
Data collection and processing when visiting the Web site
Our Web site is hosted. The web servers create log files which are automatically sent to us by your browser. These are:
- IP address and host name of the querying computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- Transferred data volume
- Message whether the retrieval was successful
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
This data is processed for the purpose of enabling the use of the Web site (connection establishment), system security, technical administration of the network infrastructure and for the optimization of the internet offer. The IP address is only evaluated in case of attacks on our network infrastructure.
Further personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address is not collected unless you provide this information voluntarily, e.g. when contacting us.
Data security and rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
By taking all possible technical and organisational measures, we make every effort to store your personal data in such a way that it is not accessible to third parties. As a matter of principle, you are entitled to the rights of information, rectification, erasure, restriction, data portability, objection, revocation and complaint. More specifically, these are:
- Right to know whether and which data are being processed;
- Right of rectification where data is incorrect or incomplete in a material respect as far as the purpose of the processing is concerned;
- Right to erasure of data that has been processed unlawfully;
- Right to defer the erasure of data if the data is further required for evidential purposes;
- Right to restrict processing (i.e. limiting the access to data) where the correctness or lawfulness of processing is in dispute;
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain or to have transferred to a third party all data that we process automatically on the basis of your consent or to fulfil a contract, in a conventional, machine-readable format;
- Right to object to data collection in special cases and objecting to direct marketing (Art. 21 GDPR) You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons pertaining to your specific situation. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data in question, unless we can provide evidence of compelling legitimate reasons to continue processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or serve to assert, execute or defend legal claims (objections, in accordance with Art.21 para 1 GDPR).
- Recht auf Widerruf deiner Einwilligung zur Datenverarbeitung: Viele Datenverarbeitungsvorgänge sind nur mit deiner ausdrücklichen Einwilligung möglich. Du kannst eine bereits erteilte Einwilligung jederzeit widerrufen. Dazu reicht eine formlose Mitteilung per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org. Die Rechtmäßigkeit der bis zum Widerruf erfolgten Datenverarbeitung bleibt vom Widerruf unberührt;
- Right to lodge a complaint: If you believe that the processing of your data breaches data protection law or your data protection rights have otherwise been violated in any way, you have the right to complain to the Austrian Data Protection Authority (Wickenburggasse 8–10, 1080 Vienna, Austria, email: email@example.com).
When you visit our Web site, the following data is processed:
We send out newsletters. If you want to subscribe to our newsletter, we require your email address and you have the option of providing your name voluntarily. This data will only be used to communicate with you in connection with sending our newsletter. By subscribing to our newsletter, you declare that you agree to us storing the aforementioned data in order to send the newsletter until you unsubscribe. No further use of the data shall take place. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time using the link in the respective emails, or by sending a request to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org .
On our Web site, contact can be established via an email window that opens up automatically. The data will not be passed on to third parties in this connection. The data will only be used to process the conversation. The legal basis for processing the data is Art. 6 para 1 lit. f GDPR. If the purpose of the contacting is the conclusion of a contract, Art. 6 para 1 lit. b GDPR is the additional legal basis for the processing.
If you participate in one of our prize draws, we will process the personal data required from you for participation to determine winners and inform them via email. If you do not provide us with the information, it is not possible to participate in the prize draw or to contact you in the event of winning. The data will not be used for any further purpose unless such use is required in order to carry out the prize draw or to send you the prize. No further data will be passed on to third parties, unless express consent has been given of base – homes for students GmbH is obliged to hand over the data, e.g. due to a court or official order.
This Web site uses functions of Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc.
The information generated by Google Analytics about your use of this Web site (including your IP address) is stored by Google Inc. Google will only use this information to analyse the use of the Web site. Anonymised evaluations and diagrams on the number of visits, number of pages called up per user, etc. are created. We use these exclusively for the purposes of our own market research and, above all, to optimise and design our Web site in line with user requirements. You can find more information about Google Analytics at www.google.com/analytics.
Cookies that enable an analysis of your use of the Web site are used for this purpose. The information thus generated is transferred to the provider's server and stored there. Your IP address is recorded, but immediately pseudonymised. As a result, only a rough localization is possible.
The relationship with the web analytics provider is based on the "Privacy Shield" agreement between the EU and the United States.
The data processing is carried out pursuant to the legal provisions of §96 para 3 TKG and Art 6 para 1 lit. f (legitimate interest) of the GDPR.
Our concern in terms of the GDPR (legitimate interest) is the improvement of our offer and our Web presence. Since the privacy of our users is important to us, the user data is pseudonymised. The user data is stored for a period of 26 months.
You may prevent this by setting up your browser so that no cookies are stored.
Data Protection Officer
This data protection information may be changed from time to time due to the current legal situation or the continuing development of the services of base – homes for students GmbH. The amended version will then also be published here. When you visit our Web site again, you should therefore re-read the data protection information in order to keep up to date with the protection of the personal data collected by us.
Last updated: July 2020